A multi-faceted nonprofit charts a course to connect with audiences.
“Kalamuna feedback has been great ammo for helping push some hot customer-focused topics forward!”
Space Foundation’s unwieldy website brings together multiple programs with different audiences under the aegis of a single, large, website. They requested guidance on how to restructure their web presence to better serve their audience, and increase donations and traffic.
- Recommended a new information architecture with a user-centered approach to navigation.
- Revised their nomenclature for programs and memberships, and produced a content strategy guide for how to write for the website.
- Developed personas to drive analysis and creative work.
- Conducted traffic analysis to correlate user behavior.
Space Foundation has a blueprint that has informed and streamlined their internal redesign efforts that includes:
- Hosting infrastructure improvements that have led to dramatic performance and workflow improvements, and increased mobile, tablet and international retention.
- A clearer information architecture with a more direct path to donations and sponsorships.
- Recommendations for better content prioritization and design best practices.
- Design recommendations for navigation and key components.
Things we did
- Google analytics
- user research