Help the world experience your beautiful vision across multiple devices.
What You'll Do
You’re hungry to learn and experiment with new technologies and frameworks and contribute to creating this massive experiment we call the web. On the flip side, you keep an eye towards standards and accessibility, so the world (and its robot inhabitants) can experience your vision across multiple devices.
You will be primarily responsible for engineering the frontend user experience on client projects. This could mean working with backend devs to turn mock-ups into working code, creating a living styleguide and prototype with component-based design in our Kalastatic framework, or using React to build interactive web applications.
- Excellent communication skills. Not only do we like talking, you’ll also be (shock!) speaking with our wonderful clients.
- Adopt web standards and best practices. Write meaningful, semantic, HTML that responds across a number of different devices, and meets accessibility guidelines.
- Front-end frameworks. Because reinventing the wheel is silly, have the ability to utilize an existing framework like Bootstrap or Foundation. We’re not blind zealots though, maybe you know a better framework—convince us!
- Tools. Comfortable with modern development practices and build tools like git, Node.js, and Grunt.
- SASS. Use a CSS preprocessor like SASS to create reusable components, fully adopting the DRY principle. You embrace all of what CSS3 has to offer, including Flexbox.
You Might Also Know About
- SVG and CSS3 animation
- Web components